Jetsetters, you may get the M ~1 month earlier, if you planned a trip to get a few kits in the duty free shop at Japan airports.
There is no ViewFinder for EOS M - NONE, EVF or optical VF.
Use this Leica/Leitz optical zoom 35mm~135mm Viooh viewfinder... perfect for its kit lens and others!!
Just remember that this baby has "touch screen shutter"; to prevent "nose shoot" your camera when using VF.
Price of Viooh will rise faster than cash in your back accounts, no worry that you will lose your money whenever you buy digi cams new... If money is no issue for you, feel free to ask for other German VFs.
A few notes on the mirrorless EOS M:
1. Camera is made in Japan.
2. Press "touch shutter" anywhere on LCD screen to take pictures.
3. NO viewfinder, NO Generation M(idlife)'s viewfinder...
4. NO built-in flash: Canon now should market it as a high-ISO Low Light Flashless camera (no need to use flash most of the time...well see the next note).
5. It has the best Night Scene/Portrait Mode: Flash is needed to light up the near subjects. - just adding more shooting modes on the top dial will be better.
6. It records stereo sound (not stereo image/video with 3D lens yet), and has a jack for external mic.
7. EF-M lenses can continuous auto focus (tracking subject) for Movie/Video mode.
9. NEW camera strap connector design for Canon: It is like that on medium format 120 film Hasselblad C/CM camera; and you will spend lot of fun time playing with the twisted strap.
Cannot wait to see the next version mark II (EOS M2 or Mm2?) coming out with these features or not???:
1. Built-in flash with wireless? - put flash 90EX together to have a 2 point lighting in your pocket.
2. Viewfinders? Electronic ViewFinder (EVF), or optical? OR ...
3. EVF with built-in flash plug-in module like Hasselblad's MF professional H1? ...(since the shoulder strap likes the Hasselblad's now) - H1/2 has built-in flash even for professional market; what do you say, Canon? Digi has auto ISO... well don't forget the night scene mode.
4. Viewfinder? One ok?
5. DO (Diffractive Optics) EF-M Lenses? A 4x zoom DO lens will be small and perfect for EOS Generation M. Hello Canon, it's time to be the world's first, and do something mankind has not done before.
You have those DO patents granted; Just do it DO!!
Meet Mr. Viooh from Germany :